Friday, November 20, 2009

For Immediate Release: Teezy has Become a World Famous Theater Critic!

Teezy—assuming my newly appointed role as preeminent critic of all things steeze

For what seems like days and days, I have been writing critical essays on the evaluation of theater and the performing arts in Santa Fe, receiving little support, much less acclaim from the literary community or my intellectual peers.

I must say that I certainly understand that my opposition to what I believe to be the ubiquitous blurring of the difference between serious objective discourse and mere public relations schemes can appear threatening to those less enlightened.

I also realize that when reviewing theater, most of the Santa Fe literati seem to be more focused on glib commentary influenced by facile partisanship rather than responsible and unbiased journalism. Consequently, I am both vilified and ignored by the local intelligentsia covetous of my lucid and superior critiques.

Therefore, it gives me great pleasure to announce that I, your always humble and obsequious Teezy, have had my review of Aida at the Lensic Theater in Santa Fe published by one of, if not the most important and influential (online) literary journals in all the WORLD!!

Yes, it is the incomparable, one and only, Eureka Theatre Company!! (dot com)

They even spell Theater TheatRE! That's pure class you idiots.

If you are feeling up to the challenge of some meaningful intellectual literature, you can see my professionally published (online) review here. (Sorry, you will have to scroll down past the video of the American Idol guy and then past the article about some murdered dude in Espanola.)

But, right under that is:

Aida at the Lensic Theater, Santa Fe
by Teezy

My own byline even!


Now that I have made it to the top of the heap, I promise that I will not forget the little, little people whom I have triumphed over. You will always be in my memories.

It is unfortunate that I was unable to get any footage of the actual performance (I used a clip of the "Put the F*cking Lotion in the Basket" duetto from il Silenzo degli Agnelli instead.) Perhaps next time the Lensic will not be so sensitive about me filming copyrighted material.

In case you missed my groundbreaking review of Aida you can check it out here.

email me: Teezy



If you enjoyed this post, please follow Santa Fe Steeze using the links below:



2 comments:

  1. I can see the power hunger building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teezy's pen is mightier than any sword.

    The entire city of Santa Fe will fear my power.

    I think that I shall soon rule the world!

    Or maybe I can at least get the neighbor's dog to stop crapping in my yard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...